Thursday, October 21, 2010

don't be scurrred.

in the spirit of my most favorite holiday of the year, every year... let's talk spooky movies.   i decided to poll my co-workers and see what topped their lists of the scariest movie they have ever seen:
the excorcist - this is the answer i got most frequently.  the beauty of this one is that it's old (1973) but people told me they were still getting chills just telling me about it. plus it won 2 oscars which never really happens with horror movies.
texas chainsaw massacre - chainsaw-weilding leatherface slicing people up.  scary, yes.
the shining - creep level 1 million - truth? i haven't seen the shining because i'm afraid.  but i plan on watching it sunday under the covers.  eep!
nightmare on elm street (the first)
friday the 13th
halloween
psycho

these are horror movie classics not to be missed.  when i told a coworker my list of scariest movies i have ever seen - he literally laughed out loud.  said my choices were the LEAST scary movies he had ever seen.  i am the world's biggest fraidy cat.  i love my night lite. here's a sample:

1. the ring.  i saw this in australia with new friends.  i was too embarrassed to let them know how scared i was... but i slept in my dorm room with the light on for 3 weeks.  i still can't watch even one second of this movie.  yuck.

2. scream.  ok this one isn't scary - it's campy and funny and i love it...but one night, my older brother and his friends hid all over our house in scream costumes and jumped out.  they chased me through the house.  i thought it was real until i ran into my mom's room and she was laughing - she was in on it!  yeah i'm a wimp. but also - it reinvented drew barrymore. who is awesome.


3. funny games.  behind snakes, public speaking, and the dark, i fear home invasion.  this movie will knock your socks right off.  see it. i don't want to tell you any more.

4. the strangers.  with the stabbing and the masks and the "because you were home" line. anyone who knows me well knows i went through (and am still going though) an obsession with charles manson/helter skelter and i once heard this movie had some similarities to that case.

No comments:

Post a Comment