Wednesday, October 20, 2010

two options: rhinestone shades or cheap sunglasses


i used to think i was pretty well traveled.  i always thought my time in australia and fiji, my trip through europe, various island visits through the caribbean and sure, i've visited plenty of u.s. cities and states constituted being a well traveled little lady.  over the past year i've had the opportunity to meet tons of new people and hear their stories.  plus, one of my bestest friends (and former roommate) packed up herself, her boyfriend, and her little dog too and is still traveling the us in an rv. 

over the summer and fall alone i visited nyc, miami, baltimore, alexandria, washington dc, ogonquit maine, newport, and los angeles.  i have trips planned to santa barbara and seattle but i still don't feel satisfied.  i once heard that writing down your goals helps you to accomplish them.  this is what i want:  i want to save up all my pennies, save up all my vacation days, take a month off of work and drive cross country.  i want to go everywhere! 

top cities on my list?  nashville, savannah, austin, san antonio, santa fe, chicago, portland, san francisco... i want to eat at gross trucker diners and sleep in 'vacancy'-ish motels.  i want to make endless playlists. i want to stay in a teepee at the wigwam. i want to argue with whoever my co-pilot might... i want it all.  so there. i did it.  i wrote down my goal and now i have to do it.  who's coming?
(all images via weheartit except last image-me)

No comments:

Post a Comment