Monday, March 26, 2012

This week in film and music.


This effing movie....

The Hunger Games


So GOOD!
Just ... better than I could have imagined. It added to the visual I already had in my head from the book, and just expanded it so much. It stayed very true to the story, and even added a few new things that really added to the character development. 


I finally also watched The Help.


Not a bad story, good acting. Racial tensions are still an issue here, so it was interesting to watch. I feel like the book would be a good one. But! The hair was bad. Emma Stones curly hair was so badly done, it was distracting. 



Water For Elephants was.... Eh.


But to be perfectly honest, I didn't think the book was very good, so I already had pretty low expectations for the film. I thought the casting of the 2 main characters was really bad.... I feel like Reese Witherspoon could have been old enough to be his mom or something, and Rob Pattinson did not pull off shy, grieving, red headed vet student ever well. I thought their chemistry was just awkward at best. I gave it a fighting chance and it flopped pretty hard besides having pretty wigs and makeup.




The super dud: The Innkeepers 


I had high hopes after seeing the trailer, as I needed a good horror movie in my life. 
It was bad. Like, not even campy good. Bad story, mediocre acting, and characters that made no sense.  And whoever gave Sara Paxton that haircut should never cut hair again. So homely looking.  I was bored out of my mind the whole time.



Music Makes me happy. For those who don't know, my amazing collection of 4,000-ish songs was lost on a crashed PC, and I have yet to successfully convert them all, so I'm slowly rebuilding my music library.

This weeks music additions:

  1. Joni Mitchell-Blue
  2. The Civil Wars- Barton Hallow
  3. The Hunger Games Soundtrack
  4. Cold Mountain Soundtrack
  5. Jimi Hendrix "Purple Haze"
  6. Trent Renzor & Karen O "Immigrant Song"
  7. The Runaways "Cherry Bomb"
  8. The Smiths "Please,please,please let me get what I want"
  9. The Mamas and the Papas "California Dreamin'"
  10. Jefferson Airplane "Somebody to Love"
  11. Fleetwood Mac "Gold Dust Woman" & "The Chain"






No comments:

Post a Comment