Monday, September 27, 2010

before i sputter out

 
i would never be so obnoxious to think my musical tastes/knowledge are beyond being open to new ideas, thoughts, suggestions.  on friday night i met a bunch of my friends for post work cocktails and snacks.  3 of said friends were heading out from the bar to go to see eels play at royale.  as i said, my music knowledge is tiny fish in infinity pool so my only reference to eels was the 1996 single "novocaine for the soul" and the creepy album cover.  but this was enough for me to utter "i wish i could go!" well, wouldn't ya know, my friend eyes got big as he told me of the extra ticket sittin' right thurrr in his pocket.  we paid our tab and headed over to the venue.  welp, as you all know, i always have the capacity to be moved to tears when i'm at shows.  this one was no different.  see, the songs were either super peppy and fun or really slow, sad sentimental ones.  also, when you see a photo of lead singer e, you will know i was smitten. 

fun fact: during eels 2007 tour 'an evening with eels,' e dressed  in a white jumpsuit + bandana and handed out ice cream to the audience.  sounds right up my alley. 2nd fun fact: eels song "fresh blood" played during the credits to season 3 episode 11of true blood.  i was a HUGE MASSIVE fan of true blood season 3, so i'll have no troubles going back and watching all of episode 11 just to hear the closing credits!  i'm a huge eels fan now and look forward to filling up my ipod with loads of new music.

have a listen to: in my younger days, spectacular girl, dog faced boy and novocaine for the soul. let me know your thoughts!


No comments:

Post a Comment