Friday, December 3, 2010

girl crush friday: marina & the diamonds


i was listening to pandora one day and instantly put down my dishes or pencil or book or whatever i was doing... to just listen.  i was hearing an acoustic version of the song hollywood by marina and the diamonds.  i was instantly obsessed and did that creepy thing where i listened to it overandoverandover (although i think part of me was just exacting pathetic revenge on my loud neighbor).  moving on-  real name: marina diamandis - marina and the diamonds refers to marina and her fans: the diamonds. 

i read this quote on wiki from marina:
"I never envisaged a character, pop project, band or solo artist. I saw a simple group made up of many people who had the same hearts. A space for people with similar ideals who could not fit in to life's pre-made mould. I was terribly awkward for a long time! I really craved to be part of one thing because I never felt too connected to anybody and now I feel I have that all around me"
i like it because it's a lonely feeling we all have - everyone is searching for their little niche in the world and i find it hopeful, that potential that it exists for us all. 

marina calls her style: vintage/cheerleader/cartoon.  i call it awesome.  feast yo eyes:

No comments:

Post a Comment