Monday, October 31, 2011

Freelance Housewife


  VS. 




I'm taking a quick break from cleaning to write down some quick thoughts. Last night, while laying in bed, thinking too much per usual, I contemplated the two dynamics of the life I wanted, one being free and young, with as little responsibility and commitment as possible, the other a domestic family life of kids, marriage, cooking, stability, and routine. These two dynamics have been fighting each other in my head for pretty much my entire adult life (all 6 years of it) , and usually ends up making me all Sylvia Plath -Like, and I just watch depressing movies in a stupor. 


Then last night, it dawned on me. Why can't I have both? I mean, can't I travel the world, but still be happy to come home to my own home and family? Can't I cook, clean, craft, and be a good 'housewife' while never needing to get married or needing to 'settle down' and buy mom jeans? I think so. 


I just need to rationalize having a balanced life, which is something my brain has never accepted. I love extreme comfort, or extreme challenge. The in-between of both worlds is foreign to me, but I will learn the language. 




That being said... Look at this kick ass lunch I made....

Taco Cupcakes!





YUM!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment