Sunday, October 23, 2011

Makeup of the Day!

Todays Makeup inspiration:



Fresh, awake, and clean

Random adjectives, yes, but they work.

My take is a little different, but the same idea.





(LOOK! My hair is just long enough for pigtails! Yay long hair!)



What I used:

I started with a good moisturizer, like always.
right now, I'm using:

Dr. Brandt Pores no more anti-aging mattifying lotion.
*Good daily moisturizer, light, REALLY good for makeup prep.



Next, the primer:

Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Face Primer

*Not my favorite texture, but definitely does the job of keeping makeup in place!




Cargo Tinted Moisturizer

*Light, oil-free, very moisturizing, light coverage. I will be restocking in this soon.




Cargo Blu_Ray  Powder

**I just need to express my LOVE and OBSESSION for this product. I am NOT a powder person. With dry skin and all, I tend to stay away from it, but this powder amazing. It literally makes your skin look airbrushed, and it is no heavier that any other powder. You can buff it on heavy for more coverage or you can apply it lightly for finishing ( or anything in between) and it is flawless.
It was the first line of makeup created for HD television (according to our training, they use it on Dancing With the Stars) and boy, I can see why! 
Most makeup artists I work with use hundreds of different products from all over the world, from dozens of brands,  and I am eager to get their opinion on this one.




Blush:
Coco Rose by Too Faced

*I LOVE this blush. Natural, brown/pink undertones. Almost like a pink bronzer. I wear a lot... I love my cheeks!




Eyes:
Brow-Zing brow kit in light by Benefit

Benefit Eye Bright Pencil
*A GREAT little tool to keep on you. Apply it on the inside and outside corners of the eye, the arch of the brow, and blend out. Instant awake eyes!





Mascara:

Loreal Double Extend Mascara

* My classic go-to cheap mascara. Never fails me.






Lips:

Philosophy Kiss Me Tonight Lip Treatment

* Though it's a little pricier ($20!) I love that my lips soak up this  treatment, and it doesn't taste like Carmex (yuck!) or feel like petroleum jelly (double yuck!). I wear morning and night and notice a definite difference. A winter must-have.





XOXO,







No comments:

Post a Comment