Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's day update.

Today was worse than unproductive... it was counter productive. It's amazing how unmotivated and lazy I can get on my only day off for the next, oh, like 3 weeks (Opera starts this week!).

Today's movie list:


Wake Wood (2011)

Like a modern day pet cemetery in Scotland. Liked it a lot more than I though I would. Very, very creepy. Quiet, and understated, and oh so good.



X-Files - Episode 18

Classic X-files. I would do both of them. Together. With an alien.



Kissing Jessica Stein (2001)

I started this film because, well, lesbians. But 20 minutes in, it was the most painful, slow, cliche film ever, and I had to find something new... And I have a hard time believing this was made in 2001 and not 1991. Such bad hair.




Almost Heros (1998)

Just another fantastic Chis Farley classic. 




Billy Madison (1995)

Just a safe, never fail laugh. and the only film that I've seen that I didn't want to kill Adam Sandler the whole time.




Child's Play (1988)

Back to my childhood haunts. New generation classic, like Leprachaun: In Da Hood.



Grave Encounters (2011)
Found footage film that met expectations. Didn't surpass, didn't fall miserably short. The idea is great, and I love how the hospital became a labyrinth, and time stood still, but they lost me at the cliche mental hospital, evil doctor schtick done a thousand times, not mention the 2 or so instances of bad CGI. I was entertained, though.



YAY Valentine's day!



ALSO! Juicing update!


So those who I don't really talk to often may be wondering how it went. Well, I was doing great, then on day 5, I felt so ill. No headaches or fatigue, just horrible nausea. By day 6, I was so ill, just the smell of juice made me want to vomit, and I ate nothing all day, so I decided to phase off early that evening. After I  ate for one meal, I felt WAY better. 

So, I made it 6 days, definitely not a failure, and I could have made it to 10, but my body was disagreeing something fierce, but I have been doing some more research, and talking to people on forums, and I'm ready to give it another go! And I need it after today lol...

That being said, that last 2 days, I felt an intense mental clarity, and when I began to eat solid food again, my taste sense was so sensitive, everything was INCREDIBLY good tasting. Like, orgasmic. 

And I know you might be curious, I did lose 8 lbs. or so in those 6 days, but metabolically, it's like a crash diet, so it's good to focus more on wellness and cleansing, and any weight loss is just a pleasant side effect. 





No comments:

Post a Comment