Saturday, June 25, 2011

A few days on a movie set...

I just got done doing hair on my first feature film this week!

It's a movie called "Jayne Mansfield's Car", and stars Billy Bob Thorton ( who also directed it, and was around almost the whole time...SUPER nice guy), Robert Duvall, and Kevin Bacon.



Filming was in Cedarville,ga AKA BFE.






We did some mad hair for a dance scene, town scene, and diner scene.






Apparently not much happens in this small town, and when news got around that we were filming in their downtown, it was mass chaos. On our second morning, crowds lined the streets like it was the 4th of July parade, sold "Hollywood comes to Cedarville" t-shirts, and to make matters worse, security was lacking majorly.

Don't you people have jobs?!?


Once we finished our 150 hairstyles, we wandered onto set to do our touchups...
we sat behind the sound guy.


It was actually a pretty cool party... the keyboard player in the movie band was the keyboardist from The Rolling Stones!


The drive home at sunrise the next morning was very appropriately tranquil and calm.







My iphone takes pretty good pics!

I wish I could have taken more pics, but ya know, trying to stay professional as possible, did it only on the DL. I wish I could have included pics of EVERYTHING that transpired, including hairdresser breakdowns(thankfully not mine!), celebrities being mobbed by rednecks( people have NO shame), lightening storms, bed bugs found in trashy hotels, 3 hours of sleep, standing and doing hair for 12 hours straight ( ok fine, we DID get and hour break to eat), and more beehive hairdo's than I ever want to see in my life.

Not very glamorous, but fun none the less!

No comments:

Post a Comment