Monday, June 20, 2011

Motivational Monday






"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you."

Thomas Jefferson


'Finding myself' has always been a huge interest of mine. You know, I feel like I'm always surrounded by people whose personalities are so defined and styles are so 'them', I was sure that they had special ordered their lives. I have always been drawn to 'characters', and have always wanted to fit myself into a nicely packaged persona, easily explained and quickly identified. Deciding on what character to be was always my goal. Somedays, its the athlete, or the girly princess, or the alternative tattooed rocker, or the indie chic girl with the glasses or the vamp pin-up retro girl. All having their pluses and minuses, I was never able to decide, but in the process, I missed out on a lot of opportunities I think could have helped me define a new character. Then, you slowly realize that someones character is only partly defined by their outward appearance, but that the majority of who you are comes from what you experience, and if you experience nothing or the same thing continuously, you can never grow.







No comments:

Post a Comment