Saturday, June 18, 2011

Weekend Craft Project!

Magnetic Makeup Organizer

The picture below was my original inspiration for today's craft project. I was so intrigued by this new way of organizing ( one of my favorite things to do!) I decided to give it a try, and to make it more challenging, I only had a $50 gift card from Joann Fabric to use... let the challenge begin!





What I used for mine:




First, I glued the ribbon on as border.






Then, I glued the satin bows in each corner, and applied the random little plastic gems in the corners.




I then glued magnets on the back of my makeup.


I then stuck the magnet board onto the wall, and then stuck the makeup on!




 Finished Result!






I loved this project! 


Some things I would do different:
  • If I could afford it, I would splurge, and get a good quality metal sheet from a home improvement store so that the hold is as strong as possible. I had to put a few magnets on my heavy things.
  • I would make it bigger! I have a TON of makeup and this only fits about 1/3 of it, but it's good for the stuff I use the most.
  • Get the strongest magnets you can!
  • Go to a thrift store, and find an awesome old frame, spray paint it a crazy color, and frame your board!




No comments:

Post a Comment