Wednesday, December 21, 2011

holidaze.


Is everyone else feeling a little nuts with holiday stuff right now? I feel like I’ve been going non-stop which is making my impending vacation that much more sweet.  Yup, vacation.  Since my family has gotten zach for the past many holidays, this year we’re heading west for a warm Christmas with his family.  The last time I had a sunny, warm Christmas was {nine!} years ago when I was in Fiji dancing with fire dancers, sleeping with lizards crawling all over me and floating in clear blue water with nothing but islands surrounding me. Ah, I am totally lost in that memory.
the camelback inn!!

So on Friday morning we’re hopping on a plane and heading to Scottsdale, AZ for a few days to see zach’s family.  We’re staying at the BEAUTIFUL Camelback Inn in Scottsdale and I am so looking forward to the trip.  Zach has told me many times about the really great Xmas Eve traditions he has with his family (tamales, torta, tacos!) and how excited he is to be able to go this year.  I’m looking forward to a champagne brunch on Christmas and some SERIOUS lounging around. I’m also hoping to get in some thrifting, some swimming, going to the Saguaro (fingers crossed!) Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West and also the SMoCA.

taliesin west
 SMoCA

 the Saguaro.  featured in one of my favorite magazines, this is the new Saguaro.  if i designed a boutique hotel, it would be just like this: modern and poppy. and if i'm ever to get married, this would be my PERFECT venue. Oh, and the chef here? Jose Garces.  oh yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment