Tuesday, April 26, 2011

so now i'll tell you, openly, you have my heart so don't hurt me.

i'm in a creative slump.  my blog posts have felt boring lately, i haven't made an aluminum robot in forever, and because it's not my house i'm living in... i haven't been able to do my favorite thing - which is house projects.  it's a likely story - i have an hour+ commute each way, then work, then when i get home i'd rather watch a movie or read a book and not drag out my box of ribbons, and strings, and paper, and cray-pas and magazine clippings.  this morning i rode the train with my brother and as we commented on the high amount of big white sneakers and angry looking commuters, i glanced out the window and saw a poster for this:


and there it was.  the dale chihuly exhibit at the MFA (museum of fine arts) in boston.  i always know when i'm going to love something - i get this anxious knot in my stomach, like if i don't get to it/see it/hear it/experience it soon, my head will explode.  and that is how i felt (and am feeling at this moment) when i saw this poster.  his work is beautiful, amazing, inspiring and i have to see it.  chihuly works in large-scale glass sculpture and uses the most gorgeous colors... to check out the artist at work, please take a peak at this video (set to passion pit!) watch it, you'll feel good.
my hope is to get there by next weekend.  wander around for a few hours.  feel real happy.



 (bellagio ceiling, las vegas above)

No comments:

Post a Comment