Saturday, May 3, 2008

TEMPERLEY TO SHOW IN LONDON

British designer Alice Temperley will show her spring/summer 2009 collection in London Fashion Week for the first time in six seasons. Temperley London took its signature brand of ethereal femininity to New York for showtime in 2005 and the time is right for a change of scene. It's an exciting time for the designer, who is expecting her first baby, with her husband Lars von Bennigsen, at the end of September. "Being a quintessentially English brand and proud of our heritage, we are delighted to take this opportunity to return home to show our spring/summer 2009 collection and to be a part of the great new energy that London beholds," she says.

Source: vogue.co.uk

My opinion on the subject...
What can I say? Welcome back! It´s really good news. For a few years I have felt that many big British designers have moved their shows to New York, so it feels really good that they are coming back. I think that it gives London Fashion Week more credibility. Take a look at some of my favourite looks from Alice Temperley´s S/S´08 collection. But I must say that this was not my favourite collection, too experimental, although it included some typical Temperley dresses like the black and white ones.





No comments:

Post a Comment