Monday, July 18, 2011

tamales and dragons and wizards oh my


Our weekend was fabulous. We did all the things I hoped and more.  Highlights included our trip to the farmers market where we had green chili and cheddar tamales, maple soda, and homemade mint ice cream.  We scored 3 delicious bottles of wine, fresh made queso fresco, and lemonade sweetened with honey.   We made an extended visit to the Getup Vintage where I spent a little and got a lot of fantastic girly things… Zach also surprised me with something awesome I had been eyeing at the antique store.   I am going to post photos tomorrow.  We ended the night with a game of gin rummy, loads of food, and new friends that are pretty great.   I went to bed with a big smile on my face.
Today when I got to work, I was asked to join the office’s dragon boat team as a paddler for the annual DragonHeart Festival in Burlington each year.  The race benefits cancer and is a full day event with dragon boat races, performers, and tons of people.  I am so excited to be a part of the team and participate in the race.  Check out more about the festival and charity here or watch the great video below! 
Tonight we are off to see harry potter.  I’m excited! And a little sad it’s the final movie.
 Have an excellent day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment