Monday, November 21, 2011

Like a barrel full of monkeys, you are a fuck load of work.

I’m not someone that people (except my mom) would consider pretty.  I’m cute and goofy but certainly no beauty.  I’m not being self-deprecating; I’m simply honest about what I look like (and what I don’t!).  That said, every woman has at least one feature they love.  My mom loves her aqua blue eyes, my friend Courtney has a teeny, tiny waist, other friends love their legs, arms, or collar bones. 

For me, it’s always been my hair.  No matter if I didn’t like my outfit or I’d gained a couple pounds, my hair was always that crutch, that secret source of inner confidence.  And it really sucks when someone chops off your “ponytail of confidence.” 

My hair appointment went horribly wrong.  I sat in the chair, had a somewhat lengthy discussion with the “stylist” about what I wanted and two hours later had a head full of layers far, FAR too short for hair that becomes a crazy fro when cut short. 

I’ve been playing it off like it’s fine, that it will grow back (because it will!) and all is well.  But the real truth is, I’m very sad.  I don’t expect ANYONE to understand, but in two short hours, every speck of my confidence about my looks was taken away. 

I hate it, I look like a moron. so today, 11/21/11 I am thankful that hair grows.


No comments:

Post a Comment