Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Nail Polish

I'm kind of obsessed with nail polish. I have a lot at home (mostly really cheap crap that I've had since high school) but I tearfully chose just 3 colors (and a clear polish) to bring with me to Ireland. I chose a bright red, a dusty pink, and a dark blue/green/sparkly color. I don't tend to go SUPER crazy with my clothing colors, but I'm willing to try any nail polish color, which is why I have yellow polish...

I ALWAYS have my nails painted and I paint them probably every 5 days on average? So you can imagine they should be pretty unhappy....BUT for the past 6 months I've made a rule for myself that I HAVE to apply a base coat before any color (which I know I should have been doing anyways...). I've tried several clear nail polishes as a base coat (I've never actually used a designated "base coat" as far as I know), but the 2 or 3 dollar one I've been using recently has made my nails so strong and healthy looking! I use it as a base coat and a top coat. Aaaand that is the good old Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Natural.



Here are a few recent pictures. Apparently I'm really into greens lately?

One girl on our study abroad trip just left and had this leftover from St. Patrick's Day. She knew of my nail polish fetish and gave it to me. Not my usual choice but I'm pleasantly surprised at how well it goes with my skin and hair. Rimmel Grass Green.



This is my favorite nail polish color at the moment. I've been loving dark colors and this one is pretty unique. OPI Cuckoo For This Color.



My friend's new nail polish that I tried out on my toes. I love the color but I'm not sure about it as a toe nail polish. Please ignore my ugly feet. Model's Own.



Nail polish is kind of a funny thing because of how different a color can look on 2 people who have just slightly different skin tones. I have a fair complexion, but with an olive undertone. I'm also able to get pretty tan in the summer if I spend enough time in the sun (this is the only time my Syrian heritage comes out). My roommate at WU has more of a peach/pink undertone and is similarly obsessed with nail polish, so once we pooled all our nail polish together in one basket last semester this funny fact about nail polish was demonstrated to me pretty clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment