Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Eye Shadow Confessions


Man, I am on a blogging roll this week!


Anyways, I have a confession to make.
As motivated as I am to become a legit makeup artist, and as quickly I feel like I can learn new techniques, and as many eye shadows and brushes I buy, I feel like I am doomed to forever be awful at
applying eye shadow!!!

Now, my first real palette purchase was the Urban Decay Naked Palette, which was the best thing I could have done. The good thing about this palette is that whether you are just starting or a pro, pale as the moon ( ahem, me.) or the darkest mocha skin tone, it is always flattering and easy to apply. ALL the colors go together, and even the darker browns are not intimidating once blended out with a fluffy brush.

My problem begins with color. I purchased the Anniversary palette in hopes of conquering this fault ASAP, but the pink and teal and navy blues are just overwhelming! 
I'm pretty sure the first night of practice, I looked like a 3 year old got ahold of mom's old makeup and went to town HAHA!
How do I make these colors work?!? 

But I am patient, and I know with practice, I WILL figure it out.


Every day I can, I watch a new youtube tutorial, and every single evening before I shower, I do a full eye shadow application.

Practice Makes Perfect!

I'll try new combinations every night, experimenting with blending, and application, and intensity, and last night, I believe I did my first 'dark' shadow application on myself that didn't look like an emo 13-yr old applying goth makeup. 

Success!!


Shadow Inspiration





^That is Kat Graham... I just need to brag for a second and say that I was at a really small party with her last year, and we were talking, and she totally complimented my hair and headband : D  
 She is super sweet, and legit serious about her career. 
True story.
































No comments:

Post a Comment