Saturday, February 27, 2010

color my world with trouble and chaos. or not.

i have been having a secret love affair with colors these days. i say secret because to look at me you wouldn't know it. i did a load of laundry the other day and it was a pile of black and grey and dark purple. it made me sad. and i looked out the window at the rain and i felt even sadder. but this image fortunately cheered me up. who doesn't love an umbrella-protected street?


moving on, one of my favorite shows on tv is glee because it is amazing. it's high school musical sans disney magic which means all the music and dancing you love plus teen pregnancy, awesome one liners and a quirky cast of characters. the part i love best is the colorful clothing. gosh, if i had another life i'd come back as a costume designer for a television show. i like to dream big.

my favorite character in terms of clothing selection is emma pillsbury, the neurotic guidance counselor. 

as i've been filling up my virtual shopping cart with clothes i have no plan on purchasing, i've been channeling emma's style which consists of bright colors, mary janes, and ruffly details on classic items. here are the things i covet (all taken from modcloth.com):




Unfortunately for you.... my list of who these items are by and links have gone missing.  I know, I am the worst. But, if you go onto modcloth.com you will probably find them and even more amazing picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment