Tuesday, January 31, 2012

lone ranger.


Zach is going away next week for 7 whole nights.  I kind of can’t believe we’ll be apart that long.  Sidenote: my less co-dependent self of two years ago would be cringing right now! Last month I went down to boston for the weekend while z was on a boys trip.  Two nights apart felt SO long but the worst part was the first few hours, then I reminded myself that alone/separate time is fun and necessary for a healthy relationship. So with that mentality, I am planning some alone time activities:

1.       Tie-dying cheap white tights from rite-aid.  I can’t find burgundy tights anywhere in this podunk town, so Ima make ‘em. And tie-dyed ones too.


2.       Catching up on Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie, the Bachelor, Once Upon a Time and every other shitty girl show that I love.


3.       When I was little my mom and I used to have DIY spa nights.  We’d do pedicures, manicures, face masks, and hot oil treatments. Cheap, easy and makes you feel shiny and new.

4.       Throwing stuff away.  Zach is more pack rat and I am more “get it outta here.”  I’m actually looking forward to cleaning out the drawers and simplifying.



I also have something tough to do while he’s gone. One of those “lesser of two evils” decisions which I probably won’t make until the minute comes. But doing things alone builds character and I’m prepared.  What would you do with an empty apartment for a week?  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment