Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Look! New Stuff!

So I got some awesome stuff this week!!

Let's start with the fun stuff... Beauty Haul!


 What I got ( from left to right):
  1. Bliss Pore Perfecting Facial Polish. I needed a heavy duty exfoliator, and so far, I like this product.
  2. Help Me by Philosophy. My new favorite beauty product. It's a retinol cream that helps with wrinkles, and I also use it as a spot treatment for blemishes.
  3. Miracle Worker Eye Cream. Just a great eye cream with a few more anti-aging properties than my Bobbi Brown eye cream.
  4. Be Somebody Lotion & Shower Gel. Self explanatory, smells like lotus flower. Yum!
  5. Laura Mercier Radiance Foundation Primer. I've worn this once, and I really love it. It's the only 'illuminating' primer I've tried that makes me look "dewy" as opposed to "glittery/shimmery". 
  6. Microdelivery exfoliating scrub by Philosophy. Great facial exfoliator. I know I have 2 exfoliating washes now. so sue me.
One disappointment this week:

I splurged on the Makeup Forever HD Foundation (#118). I wore it for a day, and the coverage was great, and the color match was good, but I felt like I was wearing a lot of makeup. A year ago, this would have been a god send for my really broken out, red skin, but now that I don't have quite so much to cover, I found it to be a little too much. BUT it was just doing what it says it does, it just wasn't right for me. If I was getting my pictures done, like headshots or something, or a wedding, this might be a good option. Event only, I suppose.

Also, I got this:




I watched this documentary called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead".  I recommend it. It's streaming on Netflix. It was basically a documentary that started off as your average soap box about veganism, and in particular, juicing, and it's benefits, and turned into this incredibly inspirational story that actually had me tearing up once or twice. Seeing the real benefits of taking in micro nutrients from juicing, I'm going to give it a try! I'm very Excited!

Eventually, maybe in the month of Feb. or Mar., I'd like to try a juice fast ( or juice FEAST, as the hippies on Youtube say).

It was a bit of a tough week, but Kat is almost done with this movie that has been hell on earth schedule wise, and I start working full time at Bobbi Brown, so things are gaining momentum in all facets of my life. I fully intend on keeping this pace up. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon.






No comments:

Post a Comment