Monday, January 9, 2012

My top 5 beauty must haves from 2011.

Better late than never...


These were my absolute favorite products from 2011, in no particular order!




Benefit's Erase Paste



I was forced to become well acquainted with under eye concealer this year, as I started to notice under eye darkness in the morning. This is my absolute favorite, and best seller at work, because of the creamy ( almost moisturizing) consistency of it, and absolutely superb coverage of eye darkness, due to the pink tone.




(not me, obviously lol)




Benefit's They're Real Mascara



( not my eye again, obviously, but wow!!)


At $22, it is the most I would ever pay for mascara, but I think it's totally worth it. Having tried dozens of brands of mascara, this one is a real winner. 
The secret is in the brush...
 The bristles are a short, flexible rubber that allow you to get close enough to get the formula from the root to end.



Clarisonic Mia Facial Cleansing System


At $119, it isn't a small purchase, but worth every penny as an investment in the health of your skin. I have been consistently using mine for just over a year now, and I can say in all honesty, it completely changed my skin.


These are (bad) pictures of my skin with no makeup on in December of 2010. Sorry the quality is so bad, as I was taking pics of my dog, and happened to get my face in the pic. It was very red, irritated acne from the top of my cheek bone, all the way down to my neck. I wore an expensive, Japanese full coverage foundation ( Koh Gen Do) every single day. 


Here is my skin as of last week. I have tinted moisturizer on ( which has pretty much no coverage), and no concealer or powder. Just a little blush and eye makeup. So much better. Of course I'll still get the occasional hormonal breakout, but no more chronic problems. 




 Bobbi Brown Lathering Tube Soap and Hydrating Face Cream



I love Bobbi Brown. In 2011, I bought new skin care, and invested in these 2 items first. The Tube Soap( $26) is super sudsy, lathers like a dream, and leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean. I use it everyday with my Clarisonic. My favorite face cream of 2011 is the Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream( $50). I use it day and night, after I wash my face, and as a makeup prep. It leaves my skin feelings dewy and soft.




Philips Sonicare Toothbrush



I'll be honest, I haven't been to a dentist in a while ( I'm going this year, Promise!), and I felt like my teeth were looking dull, and never felt REALLY clean anymore. I got a Sonicare toothbrush for Christmas, and I absolutely love it. It uses vibration ( just like the Clarisonic!) to clean, and has a timer/program to make sure you brush for a full 2 minutes. They feel super clean and healthy after I use it, and I feel like my teeth are already looking whiter! Never underestimate how much a nice smile contributes to your beauty!



BONUS!!!


Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette


I ordered it in the second shipment, and it is currently sold out until February, but it is my favorite palette thus far... yes... even better than the original Naked Palette!



With more matte colors, including a base, and a black for lining, I am in love. My favorite colors? YDK, Bootycall, and Snake bite!













No comments:

Post a Comment